Around the web
Breaking News Archive - - EOTM! Online – New Media Connoisseurs

Archive for the ‘Breaking News’ Category

Katt Williams, Suge Knight & Too $hort to appear in Corruption Case involving Senator Yee

By Tanya Blake

Follow us:@eotmonline on Twitter |EOTM.Media on Facebook

Katt Williams, Too $hort, and Suge Knight are all apparently indirectly involved with the Senator Leland Yee corruption case, according to the latest reports. But what does Williams’ Bentley have anything to do with Yee allegedly selling rocket launchers — is the real question.

A little background.

Earlier in 2014, the FBI had Leland Yee arrested for bribery and various corruption charges. His arrest also happened to be alongside other notorious gang members like Raymond “Shrimp Boy” Chow.

Yee was best known for his efforts to strengthen open records, government transparency, and whistleblower protection laws. Ironically, Yee was also known for pushing gun control laws in California even though it’s alleged he was involved in a deal to buy assault rifles and rocket launchers. He also was trying to broker a deal between an international arms dealer and an Italian gangster from New Jersey.

When the FBI investigated these matters, they had an undercover FBI agent secretly wiretap and record various conversations. This is where Katt Williams’ Bentley comes into play, because a man named Barry Blackwell House was bragging about what he could do.

“House said he could send two ‘goons’ to do whatever UCE 4599 [the under cover agent] wanted,” the wiretap summary reads according to SFWeekly. “One of the ‘goons’ was from New York and would do anything. UCE 4599 asked if the ‘goons’ could damage a vehicle to send a message to someone. House responded ‘that’s a done deal, that’s too easy. I call that the sleeper.’ House told UCE 4599 he didn’t even have to meet the goons to minimize his culpability in the event.”

It turns out that House allegedly stole Katt Williams’ Bentley because Too $hort wanted revenged on the comedian for not paying the rapper for a 2012 performance. Apparently, Suge Knight was involved in the matter but federal prosecutor William Frentzen wrote that “Black backed down rapper Suge Knight and summoned the help of his organization to steal Williams’ Bentley.” While the circumstances are a bit vague, SFWeekly says it sounds like House “managed to convince Knight, who often hangs out with Too $hort, to stay out of it. Then House got his motorcycle club, the Made Men, to help steal the Bentley.”
Fate makes strange bedfellows, indeed.

Of course, all three of the suspects have had issues with the law enforcement agencies as a part of their history. And they refused to give any comments on the matter. The convo between Keith Jackson and House took place approximately a week before an incident involving Katt Williams.

As for Senator Yee, he is caught up in a scandal which is the biggest of its kind. The FBI busted a gang of Yee’s linked to the Ghee Kung Tong. The charges include activities associated with drug smuggling, gun supplying and beatings.

The trio of Katt Williams, Too $hort and Suge Knight will be coming to speak in their defense at the next court session of the trial. Let’s see what they have to say for themselves.

SFWeekly contributed to this report.

Share

FBI Report Warns of Potential Homegrown ISIS Attacks Against US Law Enforcement

Published by EOTM News Editor on October 23rd, 2014 - in Breaking News, ISIS/ISIL, News and Politics, World News

Federal authorities have warned US law enforcement of potential terror attacks against them from homegrown ISIS members or supporters, according to a leaked internal bulletin. The leaked document is dated October 11, 2014, and was provided by a trusted federal agent who did so on the condition of anonymity working exclusively with Breibart.com.

The memo was issued by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a Joint Intelligence Bulletin and is titled, “Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and Its Supporters Encouraging Attacks Against Law Enforcement and Government Personnel.” It is labeled, “UNCLASSIFIED/FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY” and asserts that it may be exempt from the Freedom of Information Act and should not be released tot he public, the media, or anyone else not authorized by the DHS.

The document alerts US law enforcement personnel, including FBI Special Agents, to be aware of their surroundings and to monitor their families’ use of social media to “avoid revealing FBI or law enforcement affiliation.”

Another significant revelation in the leaked document is that the FBI is unaware of any current specific imminent threats from ISIS on U.S. soil, an assertion that seems to contradict some previous public reports that ISIS has crossed the U.S./Mexico border and is planning specific attacks. The report does indicate that ISIS advocated attacks on U.S. military personnel, law enforcement in general, FBI personnel, government officials, and media figures. — Read the full story via Breitbart.com.

FBI Isis Final

Sources(s): Breitbart.com, Underground World News & World Order 411

SEE ALSO:NEO – ISIS Downs Two US Warplanes – Who Is Responsible?

Share

Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82

By Dorothy Frazier

Renowned Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta has died. He was 82. His family confirmed the news.

PHOTO: Designer Oscar De La Renta smiles with model Karlie Kloss and another model after presenting his Autumn/Winter 2013 collection during New York Fashion Week, Feb. 12, 2013.

De la Renta had been battling Cancer since 2006.

During his long career, Mr. de la Renta was among the few designers who knew the difference between the runway and fashion.

“Never, ever confuse what happens on a runway with fashion,” Mr. de la Renta once said. “A runway is spectacle. It’s only fashion when a woman puts it on. Being well dressed hasn’t much to do with having good clothes. It’s a question of good balance and good common sense.”

SEE ALSO:Former American Idol Contestant, Joanne Borgella loses her Fight with Endometrial Cancer

The iconic fashion designer is survived by his wife, Annette, and a son, Moises.

Share

Former American Idol Contestant, Joanne Borgella loses her Fight with Endometrial Cancer

Published by EOTM News Editor on October 18th, 2014 - in Breaking News, Celebrity Deaths, Health News

By Tanya Blake

Follow us: @EOTMOnline on Twitter | EOTM.Media on Facebook

Former “American Idol” contestant Joanne Borgella passed away today, October 18th. She was 32. The singer had been fighting a rare case of cancer called Endometrial.

Former American Idol contestant Joanne Borgella has died at the tender age of 32

According to the Mayo Clinic, Endometrial cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the uterus. The uterus is the hollow, pear-shaped pelvic organ in women where fetal development occurs.

The disease struck 72,160 women in 2011, according  statistics from the National Cancer Institute (NCI). It mostly affects women over the age of 50 and more white women than African Americans.

Endometrial cancer is the most common gynecological malignancy and the fourth most common among all cancers affecting American women, according to Dr. Andrea Mariani, associate professor of gynecology and surgery at the Mayo Clinic, who has studied the disease for 15 years.

The good news is that about 70 to 80 percent of all endometrial cancers – both Type 1 and Type 2 – are curable, according to Mariani.

Type 1 is hormone-dependent with a high cure rate. Type 2, which occurs in only 15 percent of endometrial cancer, is more aggressive and usually fatal.

Endometrial cancer is often detected at an early stage because it frequently produces abnormal vaginal bleeding, which prompts women to see their doctors. If endometrial cancer is discovered early, removing the uterus surgically often cures endometrial cancer.

According to Cancer.org the disease has about a 5 year survival rate.

Borgella’s family shared the news on her Facebook page writing, ‘With heavy hearts, we are deeply saddened to announce the passing of our beloved Joanne,’ the post began. ‘At an early age, Joanne made a choice to serve and trust the Lord; and since her diagnosis over a year ago, Joanne made a choice to also be a fighter and share her journey with the world.

‘Her faith, courage and strength were unshaken throughout every obstacle she encountered. Although our family is suffering with this great loss, we find comfort in the closeness Joanne shared with the Lord. We know her spirit still shines and will continue to live on in heaven.’

SEE ALSO:RIP Jan Hooks — ‘SNL’ Vet Dead At 57

After being diagnosed with cancer in October 2013, she went on to share her story with her fans in video and blog posts, regularly updating her followers on her progress.

Joanne was the first winner of “Mo’Nique’s Fat Chance” using the name “Miss F.A.T.” in 2005. In 2008 she was on Season 7 of “A.I.” and made it into the top 12 girls category.

The Borgella and Ramirez families have asked fans to ‘take the time to educate yourselves on Endometrial Cancer and support research efforts’.

Our condolences goes out to Joanne’s family & friends in their time of need.

 

Share

VP Joe Biden’s Son, Hunter — Discharged From Navy Over Failed Cocaine Test, Report

Follow us: @EOTMOnline on Twitter | EOTM.Media on Facebook

Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, has been discharged from the Navy after testing positive for cocaine, a source familiar with the matter tells NPR’s Tom Bowman reports.

Joe Biden fields questions as his son Hunter Biden looks on at a campaign stop back in 2007 in Dubuque, Iowa. -- Scott Olson/Getty Images

Navy spokesman Cmd. Ryan Perry tells Bowman:

“Ensign Hunter Biden was selected for commission through the Direct Commission Officer Program in 2012. In May, 2013 he was assigned to the Navy Public Supports Element East in Norfolk, Virginia. He was discharged from the Navy Reserve in February, 2014. Like other junior officers, the details of Ensign Biden’s discharge are not releasable under the Privacy Act.”

Citing “people familiar with the matter,” The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday:

“Hunter Biden, a lawyer by training who is now a managing partner at an investment company, had been commissioned as an ensign in the Navy Reserve, a part-time position. But after failing a drug test last year, his brief military career ended.

“Mr. Biden, 44 years old, decided to pursue military service relatively late, beginning the direct-commission process to become a public-affairs officer in the Navy Reserve in 2012. Because of his age — 43 when he was to be commissioned—he needed a waiver to join the Navy. He received a second Navy waiver because of a drug-related incident when he was a young man, according to people familiar with the matter. Military officials say such drug waivers aren’t uncommon.”

In a statement issued by Hunter Biden in response to the Wall Street Journal story, he says that serving in the Navy was the honor of his life.

“I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge,” he said. “I respect the Navy’s decision. With the love and support of my family, I’m moving forward.”

Source: NPR

Share

Nick Cannon NOT Telling All On Split With Mariah Carey, His Reasons Why >>>

Check the Celebrity Gossip Courtesy of DISH NATION!!

Nick Cannon talked with the Rickey Smiley Morning Show on Tuesday in Atlanta to dish about his recent split with wife Mariah Carey, his hit show ‘Real Husbands of Hollywood’ and rumors about an upcoming Richard Pryor biopic — and showed love to Dish Nation saying, “I’m a fan!”

Just a month and a half after publicly confirming his separation from Carey, Cannon says he no plans to move on in another relationship any time soon.

“I think the wound’s too fresh to even be thinking about that right now,” he told Dish Nation’s Rickey Smiley.

“That’s someone that I’m managing,” Cannon said of Amber Rose, the model and recording artist he was romantically linked to in reports in the wake of his split from Carey.

“I’m really excited about everything she’s about to do in her career and building her brand. I manage a lot of people, but obviously that’s one, because she’s in the news as well and kind of a public figure, people just kind of latched onto that as the media does at times.”

Reports swirled in August that Cannon lost the lead role in an upcoming biopic on Richard Pryor to actor Mike Epps, but he claims the movie isn’t even a go yet.

“This is how this game goes. That’s a project that’s been around for decades and honestly, it’s still not even green-lit at this point,” he said.

In August, ‘The Butler’ director Lee Daniels posted a photo on social media with himself, Oprah Winfrey and Epps with the caption, “And we’re off… Get ready y’all for #richardpryor @eppsie @oprah,” but Cannon claims Daniels hasn’t officially signed onto the project yet.

“It’s certain names and certain people, if a person is gonna do it, it kind of fast tracks the project but now it’s kind of at a stalemate because even Lee Daniels hasn’t even really decided if he’s going to direct it yet.”

Cannon stays busy though with a third season of ‘Real Husbands of Hollywood’ in the works and Season 10 auditions gearing up for ‘America’s Got Talent.’

“You’re gonna see, the storylines are ridiculous. This season I’m running for the Mayor of Beverly Hills, so you’re gonna see a little bit of that,” he dished on BET’s ‘Real Husbands of Hollywood.’

“You gonna see Kevin try to kill me this season, so it’s gonna get crazy.”

Also crazy is the camaraderie Cannon says he has with the ‘AGT’ judges. Just don’t ask him to save one on a sinking ship!

“That’s a tough one. It’s gonna be somewhere between Howard Stern and Heidi Klum. I’d save Howard just for his legacy, because he’s probably the one that’s probably gonna be the most entertaining to me,” Cannon said.

“But then Heidi, you gotta save a woman! Just in case it all goes down, you gotta make sure you have somebody you can spend some quality time with!”

It’s been 12 years since one of Cannon’s most famous projects ‘Drumline’ came out and the father-of-two is now producing a followup to the flick — and he’ll be making a cameo.

“One thing when I started producing this project, and I wanted to bring it to television, I didn’t want to focus on my old storyline…I can’t come back and just still be drumming, so I wanted to focus on a new storyline and I focused on a female storyline, and wanted it to be about woman empowerment in the sense where it’s about a young lady trying to join the line,” Cannon said.

“I come back just for a quick cameo… My character Devon [Miles] kinda turns into a super music producer type of guy that comes back and pays respect for a couple of scenes.”

For more with Cannon, head over to The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.

Credit: TVs Dish Nation

Find out where to tune in and watch our latest episodes via the following: link.

 

Share

Actress Elizabeth Pena dead at 55

Published by EOTM News Editor on October 15th, 2014 - in Breaking News, Celebrity Deaths, Entertainment News

Follow us: @EOTMOnline on Twitter | EOTM.Media on Facebook

Actress Elizabeth Pena has died. She was 55. She passed away in Los Angeles on October 14th after suffering from a brief illness, according to her nephew, Mario-Francisco Robles.

Elizabeth Pena has passed away at the age of 55

Pena began her career in entertainment while performing in New York theater in 1978.

She went on to appear in films including “Rush Hour,” “Blue Steel,” “Jacob’s Ladder,” “La Bamba,” “Batteries Not Included,” & more. The actress also starred in her own primetime series on ABC, “I Married Dora.”

SEE ALSO: RIP Jan Hooks — ‘SNL’ Vet Dead At 57

Pena also had a recurring guest role on ABC’s “Modern Family” as Pilar, the mother of Sofia Vergara’s Gloria.

The actress recently wrapped work on the first season of El Rey  Network’s “Matador,” where she played the title character’s mother.

“We are deeply saddened by the passing of our friend and colleague, Elizabeth Peña,” El Rey said in a statement. “She was a role model, a truly extraordinary performer and an inspiration in every sense of the word. Our thoughts are with Elizabeth’s family and friends during this difficult time. She ‎will be deeply missed.

Pena is survived by her husband, two children, mother and sister.

AP contributed to this report.

Share

7.4 Earthquake Strikes Off El Salvador Coast! Tsunami Alert Issued!

Published by EOTM News Editor on October 13th, 2014 - in Breaking News, News and Politics, Weather, World News

By Cain Cawthon

At approximately 9:54 PM CST  a 7.4-magnitude earthquake struck off the southern coast of El Salvador, according to the USGS. The quake was centered about 40 miles to the south of the small coastal town of Intipuca at a depth of about 14 miles. The National Weather Service Pacific Tsunami Warning Center initially said that dangerous tsunami waves were possible within about 185 miles of the epicenter along the coasts of Nicaragua, Honduras and El Salvador, but said the threat had mostly passed about an hour after the quake was first detected.

The quake was strong enough to cause severe shaking felt by an estimated 1.3 million people, according to the USGS PAGER system, which predicted the quake to cause anywhere from one to 100 fatalities.

20 minutes after the warning the center said the threat had “mostly passed”.

More details forthcoming.

Share

Chris Brown Maybe onto Something — What he Tweeted to Fans about Ebola, while other Celebs stay SILENT

Published by EOTM News Editor on October 13th, 2014 - in Breaking News, Hip Hop News, News, News and Politics, Trending

By Carla B.

Follow us: @EOTMOnline on Twitter | EOTM.Media on Facebook

Did y’all read the tweet Chris Breezy put out today about the Ebola crisis!?? Wow y’all…now that was the most considerate thing Chris has ever shared with his fans. I’m just saying. (see below) He gave the hip hop heads out there a nugget, something to think about. (or at least start really researching about, eh –at least past Facebook & Twitter)

By the way,  it has been disappointing on how quiet Celebrities have been. Let’s see if any others step up & share just a piece of  the gospel truth.

What are your thoughts? I really wanna know. Share below in the comment section.

Chris Brown - Image credit: Getty

If you are interested in learning the whole story on Ebola, check out my articles here.

Credit: Twitter

Oh — and Chris, please don’t shut your black ass up! We need you to keep talking!

 

SEE ALSO: Second Ebola case in Dallas confirmed by the CDC

Share