Kile Glover, 11 year old stepson of singer Usher Raymond and biological child of ex-wife Tameka Foster, was taken off life support Saturday morning, weeks after the tween was involved in a tragic jet ski accident.
A friend of the family confirmed to Channel 2 Action News in Atlanta that he was taken off life support at 9 am.
Kile was declared brain dead two days after the July 6 accident, and the family struggled with the decision to remove him from life support hoping for a turn in his condition.
“We know God’s in control, and are leaning on our faith in Him and His word at this most difficult time,” the family told CNN in a statement weeks ago. “We firmly believe in the power of prayer and ask that you all continue to pray and lift Kile up, as it’s the best way we can all support him now.”
Kile is one of two children between Foster and Glover, her first husband. She and Usher have two boys, 4-year-old Usher V (4) and 3-year-old Naviyd.
Funeral arrangements were pending, according to Willie A. Watkins Funeral Home, which declined to provide any additional immediate information.
Celebrities have expressed their condolences via Twitter to the family, see below.
- Justin Bieber: “RIP KILE.”
- Scooter Braun: “my prayers go out to ryan glover and tameka raymond. rip kile.”
- Russell Simmons: “I am sending out every prayer I got to Tameka, Ryan, Usher and their family”
- Meek Mill: “Usher lost his 11 yr old son Kile from a tragic jet ski accident They Pulled him off life support this morning. RIP KILE”
- Toni Braxton: “My heart and prayers are with Tameka & Usher and their families. I’m sorry for your lost, I’m here for both of you. From my family to yours.”
- Eric Benet: “Sending my deepest condolences to Usher and Tameka Raymond..and to family and friends of Kile Glover #RIPKile”
Our condolences go out to Tameka Foster and her family. Leave your thoughts and comments below.
- Follow @EOTMPR on Twitter for breaking news.