By Cain Cawthon – Like EOTM! Online on Facebook
Hip hop mogul 50 Cent has been granted a license to promote boxing matches in Las Vegas. He was officially approved by the Nevada State Athletic Commission this week, just two weeks after severing ties with Floyd Mayweather.
During the questioning process, 50 said he and Mayweather had previously agreed to go into the boxing promotions business together, but, when the boxer “came out of incarceration (on Aug. 3 after two months in county jail in Las Vegas) he decided he wanted to do things differently, but I had already invested $1.5 million in acquiring fighters and I would like to move forward.”
Despite the betrayal, 50 said he and Mayweather had no written agreement between each other.
In all, the rapper said he spent $500,000 toward the company in addition to the money he spent in acquiring fighters. His roster includes former featherweight titlist Yuriorkis Gamboa, featherweight titlist Billy Dib, and super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell.
50 Cent was previously licensed in New York.