Around the web
How has 9 11 changed you? - EOTM! Online – New Media Connoisseurs

How has 9 11 changed you?

Published by EOTM News Editor on September 4th, 2011 - in 9/11, Blogging, World News

Please share how September 11th has changed you. Below are just a few from our Facebook friends.

You can also listen live on September 11th at 4pm PT/7pm EST as EOTM helps to commemorate the 10 year anniversary of 9 11.

Click here to stream live and call 718-664-6543.

Call in LIVE on September 11th - 4pm PT/7pm EST & share your comments - 718-664-6543 or stream live to EOTMRadio.com

• Jay OkoeNot at all, not one bit and as a matter of fact I think it is an act of pure cowardice not to replace them Twin Towers!!!

18 hours ago · · 1 person
  • Carolyn Shouse TyreeIt hasnt changed me, but I will never forget that day…i guess it did make me more aware of how vulnerable we are to terrorist attack though.

16 hours ago · · 1 person
  • Cain CawthonLiars! From the very top on down, my government does not know the meaning of the word “truth.” In light of the billions of dollars we spend on electronic communication monitoring installations at Menwith Hill, Britain, and at several sites in the continental United States, we taxpayers have been deceived. Our NSA claims to have worldwide monitoring capabilities over all electronic communications.It is inconceivable that with all the electronic communications before 9/11, some intelligence was not deciphered and passed on to the appropriate officials. When, where, by whom was the necessary intelligence intercepted, interpreted, analyzed, collated and forwarded to the responsible agencies and parties? Polygraphs everyone? —

15 hours ago · · 1 person
  • Tanya BlakeSeptember 11 is a lot about the enemy from without. But the enemy from without will never, try though it may, extinguish the American experiment. We Americans, on the other hand, are armed and capable of such a result. As I fear us more than them, September 11 has little changed my life..

14 hours ago · · 1 person
  • Jay Okoethe problem is people like Dick Cheney are considered HEROES by Americans as opposed to a WAR CRIMINAL just about everywhere else, FEAR does not expand Patriotism it diminishes it

13 hours ago · · 1 person
  • Jay Okoedo you see Japanese people walking around crying about Hiroshima or Nagasaki, NOPE, it happened, it was terrible, now let’s take over the WORLD is their Motto; we should be as STRONG

12 hours ago · · 1 person
  • Tawanda CawthonI honor military, police, firefighters, and other service people and try to remember to say thank you when I see them …

10 hours ago ·
  • Stephan Wills‎..I honestly have come to the conclusion that our own government is the one that is deceitful. Call me a conspiracy type person, but our federal government has taken what occurred on 9-11-2001 and turned it into a opportunity to go after anyone that says a bad word.Our rights as citizens have highly been altered, with forced inspections at airports, and now railroad stations. What used to take very little time to get a passport has now required individuals to wait up to 6 months to get one.We are no longer permitted to photograph inside of Federal Buildings, or even the exterior for that matter, and while the Police have been using Gestapo type tactics for years, it has gotten much worse. We are turning into a police state where everyone is encouraged to rat others out for even minor offenses, because we all know if you commit a minor offense as spitting out your chewing gum on a sidewalk, we must be up to something bigger like building bombs or are part of a larger sleeper cell.

Unfortunately this has led to others being persecuted by our peers. Religions such as Muslims are being perceived in a much different light. We have people at Guatanomo Bay which are being held indefinitely for the rest of their lives because we believe they hold key knowledge to someone in a terrorist organization. Our government feels that it is above the law.

For instance, take a look at what is going on right now in Quartzsite Arizona. The crooked police chief has suspended 9 officers (with pay for the time being) because they have voted “No Confidence” in the police chief. This same police chief has had individuals escorted from the rooms of public meetings because he did not like what they had to say. This is going on as I write this.

America needs to open up its eyes and take a look at our own country before looking at others. This is why the terrorist people hate us so much. Our government (Republicans and Democrats alike) have their own agenda and its slowly trying to rip the rights we were given when the Constitution and Declaration Independence were written. The interpretations the government has given is becoming much more ludicrious as everyday has passed.

As a Veteran of the Armed Forces, a law abiding citizen, and a proud family man I disgress it to say that it has changed me to dislike our government. It comes as no shock to me anymore if someone were to try this again.

10 hours ago · · 1 person
  • Jay Okoe ‎@ Stephan, well said
  • Jay Okoe‎@ Stephan, well said

4 hours ago · · 2 people
  • Carla Eotm SimpsonGreat comments, thanks yall. I will be creating a blog on eotmblog.com and adding these…

20 minutes ago · · 1 person
  • Stacy BriggsMy eyes were opened to the cruel, scary world that existed outside the safety of my small town that day. Being in only the sixth grade, I felt like a huge chunk of my innocence was taken by the terrorists.

6 minutes ago · · 1 person

Comments

comments

3 Responses

1. My eyes were opened to the cruel, scary world that existed outside the safety of my small town that day. Being in only the sixth grade, I felt like a huge chunk of my innocence was taken by the terrorists.
  2. ashley says:
    idk i was like 10, and i was in LA watching the towers fall on the news. i didnt even know what a huge symbol the towers were. All it really did was make me scared of people from the middle east as a child.. smdh how impressionable children are…..
  3. I am know longer one sided in terms of the west being all fair in love and war…I have learned that Muslims in other countries were also horrified and grieved on 9/11.